1.) Asociația Club Sportiv Experiența Multisport (Multisport Experience Club) (CSEM)
The Multisport Experience Club is a non-profit organization focused on the promotion of sports as means for a healthy lifestyle, with a proven track record in organizing local sports events and activities for and with young people. CSEM actively encourages, supports and promotes participation in multiple sports to help children and youngsters improve their physical, mental, and social skills.
CSEM had the following objectives for the period 2012- 2017:
– To involve in a running event at least 1% of the population from Arad city;
– At least 30 members of the organization to have a half marathon realized;
– At least 15 members of the club to have a marathon realised;
– At least one member of the organisation to have an Iron Man realised (3.8 km swimming, 180 km riding a bike, 42.197 km running);
These objectives were totally accomplished! For example, in 2015 the club had more than 1% of Arad population in our Marathon, half-marathon and road running of Arad – 1872 persons from Arad (1,18%) from a total of 2587 participants.
Now it continues to involve people in grassroots sport on a higher level.
During the first 5 years (2013-2017), CSEM organized more than 22 events to promote sports and a healthy lifestyle:
– Căsoaia Bike Race – 2013;
– Half marathon and road running of Arad county – 2013;
– Green Duathlon – 2013;
– Arad Duathlon – 2014-2017;
– Arad Triathlon – 2014-2016;
– Tomato festival on bikes – 2013-2017;
– Peștera Românești Bike Race – 2015;
– Funsbee – Frisbee event – 2015;
– Marathon, half-marathon and road running of Arad – 2014-2017
On all these events CSEM had a total number of more than 12000 participants.
Apart from organizing local and regional sports events, CSEM also facilitates and promotes within the community European trends and visions, such as:
– Suggesting and implementing sports activities, projects and programs;
– Organizing sports competitions, events, and projects, locally, nationally and internationally;
– Applying methods from formal or non-formal education;
– Developing collaborations with similar organizations;
– Promoting a healthy lifestyle among children and youngsters;
– Developing management and leadership skills of young people;
– Promoting and developing intercultural programs.
As a target group, the club works with youth in activities dedicated to sports, but people of all age groups have access to the organized events. CSEM works on a daily basis with local and EVS volunteers as it considers it to be most beneficial for all parties involved. For the last three years CSEM has participated in more than 30 EVS projects, most of them in the field of sport and youth. Working with youth helps them embrace a healthier lifestyle, develop entrepreneurial skills and facilitates personal development. Throughout the projects, CSEM facilitates the best environment for each of its volunteers to be able to express their ideas and use their experience and expertise to improve the club’s activity and to continuously learn from each other.
The international element is very much present in CSEM activity. Apart from EVS volunteers, it tries to always involve international cooperation in activities and events. For instance, in 2015 CSEM had runners from 18 different countries and 20 Romanian counties.
One Innovative Element for Youth which CSEM created and used is “The 9th competence – the sport competence”. CSEM submitted a proposal to the National Agency and the European Commission for the introduction of the sport competence in adult learning. The Club believes inclusion of this competence in the Youth Pass is very important to help youngsters fight obesity, to create a habit of healthy lifestyle and take care of their own health. CSEM created a special training plan with a sports coach, as a part of the learning space facilitated for EVS volunteers. We also developed a methodology based and tested on the example of running as a sport activity, but which can be easily adapted to any sport.
The present team consists of 31 people (4 founding members and 27 who joined later). They come from various backgrounds and have experience in volunteering and training as well as in organizing sport events for young people.
2 employees/permanent staff and 5 part-time employees who are engaged, when the situation requires it, in mentorship, events organization, Romanian language courses, coordination etc.
CSEM relies extensively on the support of local volunteers for all our projects and events. It has a dedicated network and designated people working with them during the volunteering process and involving from 10-20 volunteers for small events/projects to more than 300 volunteers, as it is the case for the Arad Marathon.
Awards over the years:
– The most popular event in Arad – 2014, 2015 (Arad Marathon)
– The most popular sport project in Arad – 2015 (Arad Marathon)
– The event of the year for amateurs in Arad county – 2015
– Diploma for the involvement in the community and promoting of volunteering – 2015
– The biggest event for Grassroots Sport in Arad County – 2016
– Selection among the 6 volunteering events in the National Volunteering Gala – 2015 (Arad Marathon)
– Winner of the National Volunteering Gala – 2016, Arad Marathon (203 volunteers, more than 7000 volunteering hrs, 1956 participants)
– Winner of the National Volunteering Gala – 2018, Arad Marathon